Sunday, January 31, 2010

Doodle Pouches

I have been wanting to incorporate my artwork into my sewing for a while now.  I tried having my designs printed onto fabric and I tried some iron-ons as well.  but neither of them satisfied how I envisioned my product to be.  So I bought myself a set of Sharpie Pens from Sam's Club and began my process.  Here it is...
I started off with some sketches and drew over them with a black pen so that I can see the drawing through my Light Tracer.

Getting ready to trace my design onto the fabric.

Almost there...

Once I am finished tracing the design with a permanent ink pen it is ready to be sewn together for the finished product!


If you have any questions or suggestions please feel free to leave me a comment.  Thank you! 

3 comments:

  1. Very cute & creative! It looks very sweet as a pouch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great way to spice up your fabric. Good idea.

    Anji
    http://anjigallanos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete